Just acuqired this nice little gadget earlier this week. It’s a second hand mobile wifi E585 from Huawei.
I needed this gadget to get connected on the net using my mobile devices when I’m away from home or from wifi signals.
Initially planned to get a new Huawei E583c, a better looking device but had a second thought so I went to search for a cheap second hand one in a local buy and sell site, then I found a seller who has a ship-now-pay-later deal. Neat.
- HSPA/HSUPA/HSDPA/UMTS/3G (2100MHz)
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE (850/900/1800/1900MHz)
- Downlink speed: up to 7.2 Mbps
- Uplink speed: up to 5.76 Mbps
- Memory card supported, up to 32GB microSD
- Dimensions: 86 x 46.5 x 10.5mm
- Weight: 90g approximately
- External Interface: USB Interface Mini USB
- Battery: Lithium Ion 1500 mAh 3.7 Volt
- Operation time: Up to 5 hours
- Standby time: Up to 100 hours
- Power Supply: AC 100 Volt 240 Volt
- DC 5.3 Volt 650 mAh
- Antenna: Built-in
- Operating System: Windows XP / Vista,7 and Mac OS
All in all, this mobile wifi device isn’t really that bad. What I don’t like is the battery life which is of upto 3-4 hours of use only. Being a prepaid subscriber to our broadband network, ‘Smartbro’ is just a pain in the bottom to reload whenever the load runs out. 3G / HSPA signal here is just too slow too.
Have finally played the so droolsome Sony NEX-7 in Ayala Cebu last Sunday.
Photos taken with Samsung Galaxy S Plus. Article posted with WordPress for Android.
Another TLR, this time it’s the original Gakkenflex. This arrived yesterday but left forgotten to take out from the car.